Not every commercial painting company is created equal. When you’re hiring for your upcoming commercial painting job, knowing what to look for and how to conduct your search is important. It’s important to find a contractor that offers quality, outstanding customer service, a variety of services, excellent references, and professionalism.
At Armadillo Painting Co, we’ve been providing quality painting services to business owners and commercial property owners in the Seattle area since 2005. We can help you with your commercial painting projects, as we have all of these qualities and more. Here’s what to know when you’re seeking a commercial painting company in Seattle.
1. Quality, excellence, and skill
Quality, excellence, and skill are the cornerstones of good work in the commercial painting world. Not all contractors are able to perform with the same level of skill. Years in business can impact quality because many contractors get better as the years go by. In addition, contractors who cut corners and charge lower prices may not perform quality work.
When you’re trying to decide if the commercial painting company that you’re considering does excellent work, take a look at their portfolio or their online gallery. Their gallery should feature pictures from a variety of projects, and the quality of the work should be clear.
Shopping around can help you determine what is a reasonable price point for your project. Avoid working with contractors who charge dramatically lower prices than the competition. Remember that the quality of the work will impact the appearance and value of your commercial property for years to come.
2. Outstanding customer service
Outstanding customer service makes your painting experience that much better. Assess the customer service practices of the painters you’re considering by asking yourself questions when you’re talking to them on the phone, and when you’re meeting with them in person.
- Did the painting company answer the phone promptly?
- Did they respond to questions in a timely fashion, and with accuracy?
- Did they do what they say they would do?
Assuming that your painting contractor makes an appointment to review the job site and give a quote, notice whether they show up on time and if they were prepared to have a discussion about your needs and wants. Avoid any painting contractor that seems to be giving only a partial effort. Never work with a painting contractor that will quote a price for a job site unseen.
3. Variety of services
It’s best to work with a commercial painting company that offers a variety of services so that if you ever need more painting services in the future, you can return to the same trusted business again and again. At Armadillo Painting Co, we offer:
- Elastomeric coatings
- Anti-graffiti coatings
- Concrete sealers
- Interior and exterior commercial painting
- Dry fall paint
Even a brand-new painting contractor should have references. Check references to find out what experiences previous customers have had with that painting contractor. Questions to ask include:
- Would you work with this painting contractor again?
- Did the work start on time?
- How long ago did you work with this contractor?
- What kind of work was done?
- Was the job finished at or under budget? If not, why not?
- What challenges did this painting contractor encounter during the job, and how did they handle it?
- Would you recommend this painting contractor to others? If not, why not?
Professionalism is an important quality in a contractor! When you’re seeking a professional painting contractor, look for signs that the painter operates with the utmost professionalism. Some examples of what to look for include:
- The contractors arrive wearing appropriate attire or company-specific clothing.
- The business website is professionally maintained and informative.
- The company has professional policies that protect clients, including a warranty of work.
- The contractors drive company-specific vehicles.
- The representative that you meet with is able to give you a business card.
How to find a commercial painting company?
Finding a commercial painting company can be a challenge, especially when you’re living in a populated area like Seattle! There are so many businesses to choose from, sorting the good from the bad can seem overwhelming. Below are some suggestions to help you with this process:
- Vet multiple painters. Meet with at least three contractors to get quotes. Meeting with multiple contractors will make it easier to compare contractors, so you can decide which painters are right for you, and which ones aren’t.
- Read the contract thoroughly. Once you’ve met with painting contractors, they produce quotes or contracts for you to review. When you know which contractor you’d like to hire, read the contract thoroughly before signing on a dotted line. Don’t work with a painter that wants to work “on a handshake.”
- Know your goals. Know your goals for your project to help you communicate with the painters that you meet, so you can easily choose the right painter for you.
- Communicate a budget. Know how much you plan to spend, and communicate this with each painter you meet.
Need your commercial property to be painted? Get started today.
Want to paint your commercial property in Seattle? Contact Armadillo Painting Co for commercial painting services. With nearly 20 years in the business, we operate with skill and professionalism.